Kathmandu. The month of July is considered very sacred and special for Hindu women. Saun is also considered as the beloved month of Lord Shiva. In order to get a good husband, the unmarried and the married ones fast, wishing for the longevity of the husband.
From the beginning of July, women fast on Mondays, wear green clothes and wear henna on their hands. The young women look very beautiful and attractive with the dark colored henna in their hands. Although henna looks attractive, it has its disadvantages. There are things to be aware of when applying chemical henna available in the market.
Doctors recommend that you be aware of the side effects of using dark henna. In particular, skin allergies can be seen, he said, adding that care should be taken when applying henna. How does henna affect you?
- Chemicals used in henna can also affect the internal organs of the body due to skin allergies.
- Dermatologist Dr. According to Dharmendra Karna, there are two types of henna, which are made from natural plants and artificially made. Naturally made mehndi is red and gray in color. Naturally made mehndi does not have much effect on skin or health.
- Producing companies may have given the name of natural henna to bring artificial henna to the market. But, that henna is made by mixing chemicals more than naturally. Chemicals are mixed in the mehndi available in the market and it has an effect.
- The synthetic henna available in the market contains a chemical called para-phenylenediamine. Which makes the color of henna darker. Applying henna mixed with this chemical can reach the inner part of the skin and color the hands for a long time.
- As there is no body in Nepal to check the quality of cosmetic products, applying henna available in the market can have immediate and long-term effects on health. Karna explains.
What is the effect of applying henna mixed with chemicals?
- Skin allergies,
- Shaking hands
- Swelling and blistering,
- Wounds come and go,
- Water and pip coming.
According to Karna, this problem can be seen immediately after applying henna and within a week or 10 days after applying henna. Allergies caused by the effects of chemicals when applying henna are dangerous.
Effects of continuous use of chemical henna:
- The chemical mehndi travels from the skin to the internal organs of the body and can reach the kidneys. This increases the risk of kidney problems and cancer.
The darker the mehndi, the more harmful it is:
It is believed that the darker the henna, the more loving a woman will be. That is why every woman wants the color of henna on her hands to be dark. But in terms of health, the darker the color of the henna on the hands, the more harmful it is.
The color of henna is not darkened, it is made darker by mixing chemicals in henna. Mercury-phenylenediamine and kerosene and petrol are also used in henna which looks darker. This chemical penetrates deep into the skin and the henna becomes darker, but it affects the skin.
‘Henna can be tested for allergies, so apply a small amount of henna to the throat, armpits or any part of the body and keep it for 24 hours.
If there is an allergy problem during the test, such henna should not be used. Karna says.